Paul Shaffer is currently a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in North Carolina. He obtained his Master’s degree in clinical psychology in 1988. At present, Paul chooses to specialize in working with adults – specifically relationship and couple’s issues (pre-marital and marital), men’s issues, depression, anxiety and adjustment issues.
From 1985 to 2004, Paul worked in a variety of counseling settings doing:
- Career & academic placement testing, as well as student counseling, with Western Kentucky University’s counseling center (1985 – 1987)
- Psychological assessments for social services, the courts, jails and hospitals as well as outpatient counseling services for Franklin, Kentucky’s Comprehensive Care Center (1987 – 1989)
- Child & adolescent outpatient counseling at Clifton Springs Mental Health in Georgia (1989 – 1992), also serving as Chairman of the Quality Assurance Committee for DeKalb County’s board of Mental Health.
- Private practice outpatient counseling with The Family Connection in Charlotte, North Carolina (1992 – 1994)
- Outpatient, in-home services and residential treatment through Specialized Youth Services working with the Willie M. population (1994 – 1998)
- Intake clinician for Centralized Intake Services, including intake liaison between Area Mental Health and Social Services (1998 – 2004)
- Part-time private practice with Morrocroft Psychological Group, Calvary Counseling Center, and University Psychological Associates during the years 1994-2004
In 2004, Paul started his own private practice, Right Choices Counseling, and the following year (2005) he published his first book through Authorhouse, “Conflict Resolution for Couples”, recently re-released as the 2015 “Complete” edition, or 10th Anniversary Edition. Paul has also authored four other titles (“Conflict Resolution for Christian Couples,” “The Top 10 Marriage Essentials,”and“Conflict Resolution for Couples – ‘Just the Tools’ Edition”). His most recent book “The Top 10 Dating Essentials” was published early 2015.